• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Which crew would you serve with?

Which crew would you serve with?   

34 members have voted

1. 1. If you had your choice, which crew would you serve with?

• NX-Enterprise crew (Star Trek: Enterprise)
    • Enterprise (NCC-1701 -- no bloody A, B....) crew (The Original Series)
    • Enterprise-D crew (The Next Generation)
    • Deep Space 9 crew (Deep Space 9)
    • Voyager crew (Voyager)
    • Enterprise (Star Trek movies in the J.J. Abrams universe)

A barbed wire fence. A padlocked door. A moldy, wet concrete staircase into the earth. What's this? A secret military bunker no one's seen in 50 years with a... is that? A time machine?!

You've got a one-way ticket into the future and Star Trek is the destination. But how far to go? You could land just a few years ahead, after first contact and the long-slog through Vulcan side-eyes to end up with the crew of the NX-Enterprise and Jonathan Archer. Leeches, away missions that start and end with a shuttle ride, and who can forget little Porthos patties on the deck plating when the captain forgot to bring his baggies on the morning walk?

Or maybe it's straight on through to the Golden Age of frontier adventure with Captain James T. Kirk and his crew on their five year mission aboard the Enterprise! Two-scotch lunch with Scottie, broken bones mended by the lovable curmudgeon in sickbay, or a shoot-first, ask-questions-later first contact with Kirk!

If you're a little more of the cerebral type, maybe the Enterprise-D is your destination. Don't expect to get too chummy with Captain Picard, but if you play your cards right you might win on poker night with Data, Will, Geordi, and Troi.

But weekend trips to the lush eden of Bajor could be fun, too. Of course, your future may be a bit uncertain considering the Dominion War on the horizon, but you'll enjoy the many personalities of Dax, and maybe even meet the wormhole aliens if you and Sisko get close.

Get in touch with your spirit guides, learn clarinet from Harry Kim, or enjoy a drink with a handsome bartender in Fair Haven if you want a more communal experience that could be indefinite. Generational ship Voyager, perhaps?

Which one's your choice, and why?

Hmmm, this is a hard one!

Archer had a good record with the crew casualties staying pretty low. But there's no Federation! No holodecks! Only two aliens to really get to hang out with on the NX-01. Yes, the Enterprise 1701 looked like it only had Spock, but at least the Federation existed by that point, right? So easy travel?

But then, realistically, I'd be a redshirt on Kirk's ship, and we all know how that goes. E-D seems like it'd be the most comfortable. But if you wanna talk about crews that our cliquish, the TNG crew was probably the most tight-knit. It'd be hard to break into it. Voyager had more of a real family vibe to me. But then, they're lost and by themselves. You can't take a vacation, I'd assume, and just wander off to visit some other parts of the galaxy.

DS9 crew always felt more like work colleagues to me. Friendly but they have their own lives to go to when they're done. It would be fun to meet the non-Starfleet folks. Chat it up with Garak and Quark. Yep, fun and games. Until the war happens...

As for nuTrek. Well, I think your odds of dying are even higher there than on the TOS Enterprise thanks to Action Movie Universe rules.

So, if we were talking about just which ship/setting, I'd go with the E-D, and use the holodecks to recreate any of the other ships/crews. Plus, they have dolphins! But if we were talking about the people themselves, I'll go with Voyager. Plus, out of all the captains, I felt Captain Kate always really cared about each member of her crew, down to the little guys on Deck 15.

• Like 1

Original Enterprise for me :) Sure, I'd probably be a Redshirt and sure even if I got my actual prefered position (Ship Historian) Kirk still dosn't have a great track record with them either (Although I do think I'd be able to avoid running off with Khan)... I'd be on the Enterprise. I'd be boldly splitting infinitives and all that, with the crew :P

Plus I'd be guaranteed an interesting Death :P

Its a tough call but I would have to go with DS9. I thought they all seemed rather tight knit, and I always liked the atmosphere. Plus there was always such an interesting crowd what with new and different species coming and going. Anyway, who doesnt want to go play darts at Quarks with Julian and Miles?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the camaraderie between the DS9 crew was amazing. They were all involved in each other's personal lives somehow and it seemed like they were a crew of friends just as much as they were a crew of Starfleet officers and Bajoran militiamen. :) It's pretty hard not to pick a pair of characters and find some kind of solid link between them.

I think this is epitomised by the episode Badda Bing, Badda Bang - yes, it would have been inconvenient if the crew had lost access to Vic Fontaine's club, but they weren't fighting for the club so much as they were each other - that was their place and they weren't going to let each other down!

I dunno if I could make the choice off just which crew alone. Honestly if it was favorite crew I'd pick TOS just because favorite crew (though if I had half a chance with McCoy? It be the new movies version) But if we are taking into account, tech and stuff? I'd very happily go with with any other crew that had a holodeck and replicators . . . except Voyager because I don't think I could handle being lost in space. Actually I know I wouldn't be able to handle it.

I think it would be cool to serve on the NX-Enterprise. Sure, the Federation didn't exist yet, but I (and Diego) like to be the first person to discover new things and such. Archer's crew did just that. I always thought it would be cool to be one of the first people to do something LOL.

Only problem with the NX-Enterprise was.. well... NO HOLODECKS :( How could I survive? :sweating::sweating: