• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

New Trek

Tracey

New Trek  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which New Trek character is your favorite?

Welcome to this week's Poll of the Week!

After watching the New Trek movies, I tell myself that I can't really blame the actors for their odd portrayals of the iconic characters they are portraying on the big screen. I mean, I even noticed major changes in the behaviors and actions of Captain Jean-Luc Picard between the episodes of TNG and it's movies. But that's perhaps a topic for another poll. These actors are performing the best they know how with the scripts that are handed to them. After all, New Trek has been visually stunning, action packed and has brought in a whole new generation into the Star Trek fandom. The actors and actresses involved are actually very good at what they do and it shows that they do try to portray their characters in a way that may resemble that of those of the original actors and actresses who played those same roles.

So this week's question focuses on New Trek and the main characters in this segment of the Star Trek franchise. Which New Trek character is your favorite? And, as always, don't forget to post your reasons why!

Bones. Urban nails Bones IMHO. I love original Bones and new Bones.

In fact, I would watch an entire movie with new Bones and new Scotty. No script, no lens flares, just let them ad lib for about an hour and I'd watch it.

I have a hard time picking...echoeing Sal's comments, Scotty and Bones talking for an hour or two ad libbing would be hilarious...Uhura FINALLY has more to do that say, "hailing frequencies open, Sir"

Eh...so hard. I'm going to give the edge to Scotty, but I think they all do really well, especially McCoy and Spock!

It was really a toss up between Scotty and Bones. I thought that Scotty captured the humor of the original best. Not that I blame the actors, but the personality transplant that was done with Kirk and Spock put them out of the running. I'm still reeling from a furious, screaming Spock! Kirk is less an assault to the senses ( or would that be the memory) but there is a difference between a swashbuckler and a dysfunctional loose canon who seems incapable of avoiding fisticuffs. Sadly, the producers/directors do not see the difference so that it becomes impossible to believe that anyone would give the new Kirk a captaincy of a garbage hauler much less the responsibility for a Federation starship with hundreds of lives depending on his judgment.

I'm with Sal; Bones and Scotty would be a hoot.

I'd also have to choose Bones. In fact after seeing Karl Urban in ST, he's become one of our favorite actors here. I also think he was great in the scifi series 'Almost Human' where he was as grouchy as ever :).

I have a confession to make. I have seen all the movies, and all the episodes of TNG, Ds9, Voyager and Enterprise but never the original series. So my choice is based on the movies.

Scotty's "Hello computer" is the thirst thing that pops up. Great moment.