• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Q-Tip!

Tracey

Q-Tip!  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Feel About Q?

Welcome to the Poll of the Week!

Star Trek just wouldn't be Star Trek if not for reoccurring antagonists in each series. The original series had the Klingons, Deep Space 9 the Cardassians, Voyager, the Borg and Enterprise had the Xindi. All made regular appearances to somehow disrupt, or at least try to disrupt those various Captains and crews. But who can forget the Next Generation's Q.

Portrayed by actor John DeLancie, Q took being an antagonist to the crew of Enterprise to a whole new level. Putting them on trial for the crimes of humanity, introducing the Borg to the Federation, trying to entice them with their wildest desires, placing them into various scenarios to be played out, and of course, throwing them backwards and forwards through time.

So that brings us to this week's Poll of the Week question. Did you like the character of Q or did you hate him? Either way, we here at Poll of the Week are eager to find out your thoughts on the omnipotent one and please, let us know why you feel the way you do.

I mostly loved the Q character, even read a few ST novels with him. But I didn't like him so much in Voyager, where I found him completely ridiculous. Maybe I should watch those episodes again to see if I still feel the same.

• Like 1

I'm in the super unpopular "just plain hated Q" camp. He started out as entertaining in the next gen, but Q episodes quickly became all about Q. I watched Star Trek because I wanted to see people of the future shaping the Galaxy for the better, not being manipulated by an all powerful child. Q takes so much of the control away from the 'mere mortals' the episode drama becomes one of crew endurance and the one chosen mediator (usually the captain) trying to be a parent to Q

It ended up as entertainment rather than drama.

I would go with with the LOVE TO HATE him. I knew a "Q" show would probably be a good one.

I would go with with the LOVE TO HATE him. I knew a "Q" show would probably be a good one.

Going with Rockman here. I loved him in TNG, but his single appearance in DS9 sucked. It picked up again in VOY but not to the level of TNG awesomeness.

I selected "other" because there was no option for annoying. Q could be amusing and campy; but for the most part, he was just annoying. He was too juvenile to hate and too annoying to love. Watching Q was often like going to a friend's house where the kids are so badly behaved that you want to slap them silly, but you have to just put up with them.

• Like 1

Loved him. Great plots and great he was on 3 series.great actor too.

Could i turn him into a pnpc? ;)

A supernatural being that can make every man on a starship vanish at a snap of his fingers (or bring them back as it happened), yeah I think the Q species is on the banned list for a good reason.

With the very odd exception I have to say I love Q, in large part because of John DeLancie. I mean the DS9 Q episode is the worst Q episode of all time (I am not a fan of the series final of TNG either, "All good things" I think it is), and Q could be childish but I kinda like that about him.

Q with all his lovable/hate-able quirkiness makes up for all those stereotypical god like alien entities that have as much personality as they have impact on Trek as a whole. Trek wouldn't be Trek (for better or worse) without those entities that are so far beyond us, ancient and god-like that they turn a brilliant science fiction setting into something border a work of fantasy. Q is great because his antics gives us something we remember.

So I definitely love him and not ashamed to say it.