• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Jalana

UFoP: Starbase 118's Graphics Contest and command staff of the USS Garuda are thrilled to introduce to you the graphics challenge: Design Astrofori One!

This contest is looking for talented creators and graphics wizards among our membership to come up with a wholly unique station design for the Garuda's new base of operations, Astrofori One.

A-One is, however, much more than a simple base. It's a political and diplomatic experiment in the Menthar Corridor, and its mission is to bring together the major and minor powers in the Corridor under the banner of peaceful cooperation and collaboration..

In-character, the station was built by a coalition of races and powers, including the Federation, the Cardassian Union, the Breen, and the Kubarey. It's definitely not your standard Starfleet station, and any winning design will surely have some fun with creating something that we've never seen before!

This challenge will be open through the end of April, at which time judges from the Garuda and the Graphics Contest will decide upon a winner. We look forward to seeing your entry, so get your creativity going and submit your image!

A quick overview:

• The image we have up there now is a placeholder and the actual station design doesn't need to look anything like it.
  • The station was designed and built by many of the powers listed on the Astrofori One page, so it shouldn't look obviously Starfleet (or Romulan, or Klingon, or...), but it could include elements of any or none of them.
  • Be creative, this is your time to do something new and exciting for UFOP: SB 118.
  • Deadline is April 30th

Please make sure to use the "Design Astrofori One" Topic Prefix when you submit your entries, so the different contests are not going to be mixed up. Thank you :)

• Like 3

Does it have to be digital, or may I scan in a drawing?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, all you artists and creative geniuses! I know you're out there, because I've seen all your awesome graphics and artwork already!

There is still almost two weeks left in the contest to design Astrofori One. This is a rare opportunity to have your work showcased as a major fixture for one of our fleet's groups. The premise is a fascinating one: major galactic powers come together to build a station, and that gives us the freedom to put any number of elements into a unique and eye-catching design.

The command and crew of the Garuda deserve a healthy choice from many different selections, and it's up to you to give those selections to them! So put pen to paper, hands to keyboard, or stylus to tablet and let those creative juices flow! I'm certain the Garuda will appreciate your efforts, and I for one am dying to see just how inventive all you artistic creative geniuses can be!

• Like 1

Man, designing architecture is a lot different than creating artwork!

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings and salutations, all!

I'm pleased to say that Jess, Rich, and I have thought through things carefully, and we're pleased to announce that the winner of the Design Astrofori I Contest is Alora DeVeau, whose organic design we found especially captivating. Maxwell Traenor is our runner-up, with his excellent submission that showcased his graphics skills. We have banners for both winner and runner-up, which represent the colors of the four major powers aboard the station (UFOP, Romulan Empire, Breen Confederacy, and Kubarey Confederation). Of course, as promised in the contest description, Amanda's design will now become Astrofori One. We'd like to use, with the artist's permission, Lt. Traenor's image as well, in an as-yet-undetermined way that nevertheless will be involved with Astrofori I and its mission.

Thanks to both of you, and many congratulations!

Congratulations, Alora! I cannot agree more that the mesmerizing organic design that you submitted will be a good fit for such a unique base as Astrofori One looks to become. I'm honored to be considered, and give thanks for the praise I've received for my entry. By all means, I'd be more than pleased to see the image I've designed be put to good use at another time, in another meaningful way.

Wow, I didn't think it was that good, but thanks. ^_^ I have some ideas on the station if you guys are interested in hearing it. :-D

Nice job on yours Traenor. I really want to hear how it's going to be incorporated!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.