• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Youtrek

Tracey

Youtrek  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which independent Star Trek film are you most looking forward to seeing?

• Star Trek: Axanar
    • Star Trek: Renegades
    • Both look amazing to me!
    • Neither

Welcome to the Poll of the Week!

I remember a few years back, when I stumbled upon a mini Star Trek series called Of Gods and Men on youtube. It was a three part independent film directed by Tim Russ of Voyager fame and included some original series cast members as well as those from the Next Generation as well as Deep Space 9 all rolled up into one.

I must say, I was enthralled. I watched them several times over hoping that more Star Trek indy films would be produced over the coming years. And there were. Fan made Star Trek films have now become a staple to some of us who miss Star Trek and although production quality varies from series to series, there is an obvious love for the Star Trek franchise from all those who write, act and work behind the scenes of these films.

On that note, two new fan-produced films are set to emerge shortly to add the the Star Trek universe. Star Trek: Axanar and Star Trek: Renegades and both are being hyped in the Star Trek underground community as the next big thing. Which brings us, of course, to our Poll of the Week question. Which of the two do you think will be better? Will it be Axanar which is set two decades before the original series, or will it be Renegades which will be set 10 years after Voyager's return from the Delta Quadrant?

So vote for the independent Star Trek film you are most anxiously awaiting to see on you computer monitor in the near future. Is it Star Trek: Axanar or Star Trek: Renegades? And by the way, don't forget to let us know why!

(Thanks for the poll suggestion by Lt. JG Adam William Haase aka TrekTraveller)

Edited by Tracey

I absolutely love Prelude to Axanar. Very well done. I think it would be an awesome full length film. Renegades looks kind of interesting but I haven't really seen enough of it to really decide if I would like it.

In one of those 'you never know how what you say will affect someone' I must admit I have a negative reaction to fan-made films for one simple reason - I was very negatively accosted by the owner of a gaming/sci fi store I used to frequent who accused me of 'not being a real Star Trek fan' because I had not watched various fan-made media. Every since then I have avoided fan made films. This thread does pique my curiosity. I love good stories no matter who makes them. I hope that independent media is rising above the sort of self indulgent ego tripping that I used to associate fan films with.

In one of those 'you never know how what you say will affect someone' I must admit I have a negative reaction to fan-made films for one simple reason - I was very negatively accosted by the owner of a gaming/sci fi store I used to frequent who accused me of 'not being a real Star Trek fan' because I had not watched various fan-made media. Every since then I have avoided fan made films. This thread does pique my curiosity. I love good stories no matter who makes them. I hope that independent media is rising above the sort of self indulgent ego tripping that I used to associate fan films with.

I know what you mean, it's something that's prevalent in all fanbases, but seems to be pretty common in trek fans.

But really, you should totally watch this teaser short film for the Star Trek: Axanar project, it looks amazing.

But even if you don't watch it, I still think you're rad. :w00t:

• Like 3