• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

'Useful' Novels?

Myrta Shirazi

I discovered Trek novels long ago and far away, and I've been somehow addicted to them for quite a few years (mostly TOS but also DS9), then I went into a hiatus and sort of lost touch with the published Trek universe.

I was wondering which novels (if any) would you suggest as the most useful for relatively new players on SB 118

• Like 1

Every book starting with DS9: A Stitch in Time are considered to be in the same continuity, kind of like Star Wars' Expanded Universe, and will often build on or refer to events in a previous novel by a different author.

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Relaunch

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek_relaunch_novel_timeline

However, in my opinion, some of the best books to read are definitely the Star Trek: Titan novels, Section 31 novels, the Destiny Trilogy, the and the Full Circle series. Articles of the Federation gives a good inside view of the politics of the Federation. Other novels I haven't read yet but I hear are good is the Typhon Pact series.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I can't recommend Una McCormack's The Crimson Shadow enough. It's a beautifully written, film noir-style look at Cardassian society.

• Like 1

I have liked the Diana Duane novels on the Romulans,and Vulcans' cultures. A recent triology called Vulcan Soul. Hey have a look backwards into the two cultures mutual history and tje start Of their exodus from Vulcan. , Also A.C.Crispin novels that featured Spock, and Sarek. Very well done and a look into the enigma that are Romulans and Vulcans

• Like 3

Star Trek: Titan novels are my favorite and I highly recommend.

• Like 2

I've really enjoyed the Relaunch novels. The Destiny/Typhon Pact/The Fall ones are particularly nifty. My favorite three books though have been Rising Son, A Stitch In Time, and Articles of the Federation.