• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Top Sims Contest Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

Please use this thread for any general discussion or questions about the Top Sims Contest.

Do not post praise or criticism for submitted sims in this thread. Instead, post those praise or criticisms in the submitted sim's own thread.

• 3 months later...

Sorry in advance if this is placed improperly. I just wasn't sure where else to ask this.

I have a couple of questions regarding submitting to the Top Sims Contest. Is there a policy about multi-part sims? For example, I have a five-part story arc I want to submit. Should I just select a part I think is best, or can I join them together and submit them as one?

You submit one piece, or you can join them together. Keep in mind that the judges have to read these each week. A five part sime might be judged more harshly for its length, or a sim that has no context might be judged more harshly. (Or not!)

Also, I know of the following rule:

The sim must be written with good spelling, good grammar, and be in the correct format. Poorly structured sims will be disqualified.

However, what if the author's primary language isn't English? The substance of the sim is good; i.e. the story grabs you, but they struggle with the grammar. Does this disqualify them?

Thanks in advance.

It doesn't disqualify the sim. However, the sim will be judged per the rules and could be marked down because of these issues.

• 11 months later...

New Top Sims facilitator: LtCmdr. Maxwell Traenor of the Darwin! Many thanks to him for volunteering for the position, and congratulations on this new leadership role. 

Just as a reminder to everyone, the facilitator doesn't actually vote in any way -- so your ship judges continue to do all the judging after sims are submitted :)

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Congratulations to @T'Lea and @Rune Jolara for their winning sim! Thank you for your creative writing!

And thanks to all who participated in the contest by nominating their peers, voting, and helping to judge the competition. 

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.