June 15 is the 25th anniversary of our community's founding in 1994.
Join our celebratory thread to tell us what you love about our community, what you've learned as a member, or what keeps you here! 🎉🎊

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

important Tip: How to fix your sim formatting

I use google drive. To standardize my text, I select all the text I want, then select a Text Style. In my case, its simply Normal Text, but you can also create custom styles to mass apply. When it comes time to send a sim, I just copy and paste everything from the doc into an email. All my spell-checking and editing is done in docs. Plus it provides a permanent storage area for past sims.

I personally use a simple Text editor, that does not support any formatting. Though seeing some sims that are very colourful and with different font sizes, this simple tut, is quite useful! :D

• Like 1

I actually use Jarte, it's a word processor, however any pasted text loses it's previous formatting automatically, it's the line breaks in some sims that kill me...

like in the middle of a paragraph

it will do this, and then continue

to the next line. And I have to go

through and delete those line

breaks.

This is a great tutorial! Clean formatted sims are so much easier to read!

I agree with Ayiana, Google drive is a good way to write and save posts. There are also a large number of word processing programs out there that can help. I highly recommend a good word program if you intend to keep writing - you can save and organize your files, do more editing and formatting and it will make writing easier.

If you use Word, it has one-click auto formatting. Highlight all the text and then click 'normal' (it may be a button if you have a newer ribbon style, or a drop down if you have 2k3 or older.) If you don't have access to Word, LibreOffice is a good free alternative. It has a handy 'clear formatting' tool in a drop down box right above the writing page.

This is a great tutorial! Clean formatted sims are so much easier to read!

I agree with Ayiana, Google drive is a good way to write and save posts. There are also a large number of word processing programs out there that can help. I highly recommend a good word program if you intend to keep writing - you can save and organize your files, do more editing and formatting and it will make writing easier.

If you use Word, it has one-click auto formatting. Highlight all the text and then click 'normal' (it may be a button if you have a newer ribbon style, or a drop down if you have 2k3 or older.) If you don't have access to Word, LibreOffice is a good free alternative. It has a handy 'clear formatting' tool in a drop down box right above the writing page.

Honestly, these days you can just use Google Docs. I haven't needed to use Word for most things unless it requires very special formatting that drive's robust, and addon-capable, features dont have. Also you can upload word docs to drive and drive will preserve the original formatting pretty well.

See, but I live in one of those parts of the world where everywhere I go does not have internet access. I know you can use GDocs offline... but a standalone program is so much easier when only half your life has internet (and you prefer Firefox over chrome...)

Edited by Wyn / Sal

I'm using Microsoft Office Word to write my sims.

My mother told me of the way to avoid formatting errors in my sims.

When you are saving the document save it as a plain text. Plaintextfromword_zpse93868fb.png

I then open that format clean document and copy sim from it to gmail.

• Like 1

For those who use chrome, ctrl+shift +v lets you paste text without formatting also. 

Edited by Aitas
Typoes
  • Like 4