• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

SB118 Ops: Quotations of the Week!

Talas: So this thing we need a cure for, would that explain why I have a strong urge to kiss you both right now?

Foster: I mean I’m always up for kisses ::He wagged his brows and antennae in unison.:: But only when off duty.  

I'm dying here.

He gave a tired half-smile as he dished out the first antidote.

Foster: This is my happy face. 

• Like 1

Lukin let one and only one of his hands release Sheila’s and he held it up to the doctor. As a doctor she could tell by the look on his face that he was going to refuse for himself. And if he even dared to say the dreaded phrase of ‘I’m fine’ then it would be signed, sealed and delivered that he was truly not fine. 

Zorkal: I am not affected. I am fine.

I just love the way Sheila sets this up.  

• Like 2

This conversation was starting to feel like some sort of poorly written comedy and Sal was hoping he was not the punchline.

Isn't that Wyn's job?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

From the innermost thoughts of Zel Rohan:

He leaned forward listening, getting the pretty good sense that this Ferengi was about as dangerous as a wet noodle.

I dunno, @Sal Taybrim, noodles can be used as weapons.

Noodle-Slap.jpg?w=485&ssl=1

• Haha 2

Maxwell: No really. Space battles, insane cults, chaos on the station. ::He shrugged, grinning.:: You know, pretty quiet.

He jerked a thumb towards the lift, indicating for Wallace to follow on.

Stepping into the inter-deck lift, the pair lifted slowly up to deck eight and made for Max's office and more importantly, his filing cabinet.

Offering Wallace a seat, Max opened the middle drawer before pulling out a bottle of scotch which he brandished with a grin.

this is one decently hidden stash!

*Wally will remember that*

• Like 3

Meeks: I get mistakes Ash. I will ALWAYS be there for you, brother. I will pull your ass out of any fire you get it into… hell, I’ll even let you puke on me... No sweat. I WON’T let you kill yourself though.

Tough love is the best love ❤️

• Like 2

From the mind if Veradis Fai: 

Oh, lovely.  She looked thrilled.  And by thrilled she looked like she had just swallowed a bitter uncooked Aldabian eel and had the snot trail stuck in her throat.

I am envious of @Sal Taybrim ability to write sass.

From the innermost thoughts of Blackwell:

She wondered briefly if there was some way of sheltering her thoughts, but his sharp and acute gaze was on her, and there was no true way of avoiding it. It was amusing in some ways - they had a game of almost cat and mouse. She tried to chase down his thoughts and what he was thinking, and he sought hers. She finally looked up to face him::

I really liked this narrative.

• Like 1

From Sal's narrative:

A riddle, a rhyme, it had taken some time.  A surprise was sublime, not to play was a crime.

I think the Rhyme bug is catching. 😄

From the narrative of Blackwell:

Losing him for a moment of selfish want was something that she could never see being able to bear. 

I thought this was so insightful!

Edited by Alora DeVeau
added info for clarity

Blackwell: Well….I……::if she were a machine, one would have described the sudden malfunction of her communication receptors:::

*cackles*

Blackwell:::And words did not form, instead  as he leaned close, her lips leaned in against his. Gentle. Soft, a fluttering touch - not demanding, not pressing. A moment in time of her showing, rather than telling, how sincere her feelings were, and asking nothing in return. The kiss given was loving without demand, freely offered, if he wanted more, and freely withdrawn, if he did not.

And I thought this was just beautiful.

Also, if Wyn doesn't kiss her back, I'm going to strangle him.

• Like 1

Terrifying?  Wasn’t everything that had been said already terrifying?  Now it was Sal’s turn for one of Alora’s sidelong glances.  Go on a shake down cruise, he said.  Get her feet wet, he said.  This felt more like she was getting dunked with little option to breathe.

Well... you know... it was a safe flight?! :whistling:

• Haha 1

what a fantastic description of desserts, especially to an alien species!  Way to go @Sheila Bailey!

Bailey: Have you ever had Earth desserts before? ::Sheila’s cheeks were pink with happiness. Her smile reaching her eyes::

Gau Dana: ::Gau looked down:: In truth I have not ever had a dessert before.

Sheila paused. Never had dessert before? In a case like this it was likely that Gau had never had anything sweet and given the distant resemblance of her species to ancient earth dinosaurs it was more than likely that a consumption of meat was more common. Here Sheila tried to think of a way to describe what having sweets was like. On one hand the taste buds on the tongue registered the compounds in the food allowing the body to process the taste, but what did that actually mean? 

Firstly most foods that were considered sweat were composed of 12 atoms of carbon, 22 atoms of hydrogen, and 11 atoms of oxygen (C12H22O11). Here sugar is a carbohydrate. Second in order for the body to be able to taste them the substance had to make contact with the tongue. The tongue being an organ with thousands upon thousands of taste buds. Taste buds being small structures residing on papillae or raised bumps on the upper surface of the tongue and palate. Here each taste bud, having 50 to 100 specialized cells known as taste receptor cells, has a job in sensing or responding to a specific taste. And as a fun fact taste receptor cells weren’t only located in the mouth. Yet here the sensation of taste was not sent to the brain. In these areas a person would be unable to tell if the substance was bitter or sweet. Nevertheless the gut and pancreas had the responsibility of sensing nutrients in this area and keeping hormones essential in the metabolic processes in order; in these processes the body either broke down organic matter or worked to construct the components of a cell. In essence sugar was an important part of the body, helping it function at an optimal level. On the other hand ingesting too much sugar could change the way one perceives taste. Foods that once tasted fine could become distorted and end up being bland or bad in nature. Not to mention the health risk to ingesting more than the optimal amount of sugar. 

All that was more or less a scientific explanation for the act of tasting and processing sugar. It was much harder to describe what sweet foods actually tasted like. Most sweets were soft, or had a distinct crunch to them. Light, airy, pleasureful to experience.  

Bailey: Never? ::Sheila was surprised yet continuing to smile, enjoying herself::

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The music was practically swelling around them and there was no cartoon eels to bust up the scene. 

GO ON AND KISS DE GIRL!

• Like 2

Great,. Wyn, you got kissed by two people in the same day and your answer is ‘awesome, date them both!’ – that is only a right answer if all of them are blue.

Easy fix.  Just get some paint!

• Like 2

The preparations were coming along great and most things were almost ready for the party. It wouldn’t be long until they would be able to take a few minutes themselves and get ready to enjoy the event… that was until the error was found. It would have been easy to overlook the wrong shade of maroon or the duller luster of the silver in the cloths and banners, but to spell something as significant as the new rank for the Commodore wrong… well that would be a HUGE error.

I love this whole cake fiasco!  🤣

• Haha 1

Jalana did attempt to remember where they were walking when Sol lead them through the guts of the station; Corridors, lifts, corners and more corners until they finally arrived. If one ever thought the Galaxy class was a floating city, pleaes visit a station. The Conny was more like a village compared to this metropolis. Every time she came here she was impressed by how Sal kept all of this going without going nuts. Or maybe he had gone nuts and just hid it well. Who knew? Everyone had a bit of crazy in them.

If he's not nuts now, I'm sure it won't be long!

From the narrative of Jalana: 

She waited watching him with a grin. And when he touched the grass, the little fiery red Trill in a pewter-blue shoulder-free beach dress ran barefoot on the solid ground towards Sal, kicked herself of the ground and flung herself at him in a pounce that sent them both to the sand.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

She had good timing, for it seemed that the guest of honour arrived but a moment
later, and he was then pounced upon by a woman who looked to be a Trill
in a manner that was almost, almost as good as a Caitian’s.  Impressive
for a non-feline humanoid.

Mew! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As much as Taelon admired Taybrim, the man’s love of parties wasn’t one Taelon shared. But Taybrim never had an issue with meeting people, or talking to them. He could probably make a fool out of himself and everyone would still adore him for it. 

Should we test this theory? 😄

• Like 1

Saveron: I would anticipate that you would find each other’s company agreeable. I have observed, as you have yourselves, that you have significant points and preferences in common.

He assumed that they were referring to their mutual love of fairy tales and sweet treats, rather than their previous involvement with certain individuals who currently happened to be in their company. Or they could be winding him up. He wouldn’t put it past them. 

They were also close in height, age and appearance, being dark haired and green eyed. In other circumstances, one might have mistaken them for sisters. 

He hadn’t meant to have a type. 

Maybe it's just me, but I found this amusing. 😄

Rue’s eyes looked up towards Saveron’s face and there was a pleasant warmth in them. There had been a pleasant warmth when she thought of Wyn since they had last spoken - as right now, she felt as if she were floating on air as far as the Andorian was considered.

She's just so cute, I wanna squeeze her cheeks!

• Like 1

Sal's promotion to Captain seemed like forever ago, but Max never let go once he had been befriended.

Everybody should have a Max.

100% agree!

• Thanks 1