• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

SB118 Ops: Quotations of the Week!

I love this whole scene, but felt particularly bad (and amused!) when poor Kalara fell in the water!

Avran: =/\= No time. Firespitter in the woods- acidic, toxic saliva. Avoid the shrieks! We’re swimming downstream from--- =/\=

:: She couldn’t maintain her balance anymore and fell ungracefully into the river, moving into a quick breaststroke. The communicator chirped out. She pursued Klynn, who allowed her to catch up. The firespitter’s shrieks remained audible over the sound of the river around them. Kalara managed a quick glance to note that it was indeed following them. ::

Avran: Well… this is…. Fun! :: she managed while vigorously swimming. ::

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Klingon family relations... very complicated

::Kaskis seemed to beam, and her expression was one of pride.::

Kaskis: You know, when I first met him, he was a crazy hermit living on his own, making these - ::She gestured towards the small robots that swirled around them.:: And the big beauty outside. Real bundle of nerves. Couldn’t have maintained a lie to save his life, I thought. 

::She tugged him up closer to her, and her free hand moved with lighting speed; her belt knife flashed in the low light and Taelon let out a gasp as she drove it hard into his side, jerking back as blood flowed out across his clothing.:: 

Kaskis: You even kept your mouth shut through those tortures we stuck on you! ::She spoke cheerfully, even as the tall man she was holding held his side.:: I’m proud of you, little man. 

::Taelon sputtered in response, grabbing the handle of the knife in his side.:: 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Je’Valak: So you're knowledgeable about the sciences?

Maxwell: Me? No chance! ::Laughing at himself.:: I've got all the scientific knowledge ae a cheese sandwich!

An intelligent well spoken cheese sandwich, though!

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Tyva: My Daddy is Major Dal, he’s a marine!  And Milly’s Daddy is Lieutenant Maxwell, and he’s a tactical officer!  ::She said very proudly::

Milly: He does ::She paused, realising that she wasn't sure what a “tactical officer” did.:: tactical stuff... ::Yet another giggle.::

Very important tactical stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

Too stinkin' cute!

Tyva: My Daddy is Major Dal, he’s a marine!  And Milly’s Daddy is Lieutenant Maxwell, and he’s a tactical officer!

Milly: He does ... tactical stuff... 

Poq: I'll tell you a secret- ::she leaned in, lowering her voice:: I'm not sure what tactical stuff is either

• Thanks 1

Taybrim: Commander your team will include Lt Commander Nijil, marine support from Major Kro and Marine Captain Valentino, tactical support from Lieutenant Maxwell and science support from Ensign Ros.  ::He looked towards the team and then pointedly back to Killoy:: This mission had the potential to become very dangerous very quickly as this cult seems to have the mentality of shooting first and asking questions never.  Be very careful.

::Death glare.

Oh he did NOT! No… no… denied. Denied! Much internal screaming!!!! AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH!

Nijil ground his teeth. Part of him died a little, right there. To those who didn’t like him, they all probably thought he got what he deserved. Served him right for being a butt all the time. To those who knew him…might feel a little bad for his clear misfortune. ::

Tell us how you really feel, Doctor... >.>

Though, by the look of the two marines, Evelyn wasn't entirely sure the whole team knew what stealth was. Indeed the large one, Major Kro, (who looked to be about the size of five Evelyns) would surprise her my understanding known language.

New Starfleet standards of measurement?

• 2 weeks later...

Rós: I'm sure that the smell would be blocked by our EV suits.

important things to worry about when beaming into dangerous situations: targ farts! 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

B’Ronn: Frustrating, yes, for certain, my lord, but remember why we chose him.  He is fierce, unflinching and not filled with much creative thought.  So long as he is kept satiated with the blood of our enemies, strong drink and rich food he is happy.

The description of all good bad minions!

• Like 1

really nice character description:

:Poq nodded, moving forward. Her gaze was alert, but the confident test-taker's swagger Poq had displayed in her cadet test wasn't present. Her shoulders jutted up around her ears, and she turned her head at every sound. Steam releasing from a pressure valve made her jump.::

• 2 weeks later...

"No way. No way! Evelyn wanted to break down and cry. He was a doctor, she was a scientist, neither of them were well trained in combat, not to mention Nijil was a constant unhelpful pain."

Poor Evelyn!  Not the best first mission drama for her!

Taybrim: =/\= We… we’re off course. Scanners don’t work in this nebula. Neither do visuals. Where are we? =/\=

Aitas: =/\= Ask your damn idiot of a pilot, you don't pay enough for this! =/\=

Braddock: =/\= I told you he was lying, about being able to get us through this Nebula=/\=

Zel: =/\=I’m not an idiot, you’re an idiot!=/\=

@Sal Taybrim @Arturo Maxwell @Aitas @sam braddock team work here! lol

• Like 1

::His eyes went wide with the need to kill the voice on the other end of the comm. he was easily compared to a rabid, flea infested raccoon::

charming, really

• 2 weeks later...

Who was he to sit and linger on what cannot be changed now? Learn from it, do better next time. Someone doesn’t become a leading surgeon without first killing a few people along the way…. a rather morbid way of looking at things. But not untrue.

Note to self: do not ask Nijil to start writing motivational posters... 😂

• 3 months later...

Gwinnett: I hope no one gets transporter sick. I'm not a maid.

We all hope!

::Janul went back to his console again, continuing to tinker with his list of ships as he stripped it further and further back. Thelist was now a mere forty-one names long. And a couple of the names on the list stood out like a glowing beacon to the Klingon as he stared at them.

Du'chak. V'Tokh. Qa'yarin. Chang-Vor'ch.

Those four names seemed to glow like a baleful fire each time they passed his eyes within the slowly scrolling list.::

Janul will find you... >.>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Janul: I am fine. ::He heaved himself from the shattered terminal, even as it spat sparks at him like a petulant child blowing raspberries.:: My console is not.

Love this imagery!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

D'fini: Wow. ::Almost drunkenly.She was on all fours on the floor. Her feet seemed not to work properly. Signals were being interrupted to the outer muscles.:: Can someone get me in a chair? :: She wasn't able to get up on her own. Her mind was foggy.::

😥

• Like 1

The hail from Lieutenant Commander Maxwell was not news to Malko. Only seconds before a Starfleet officer was being carried into the triage area and the whole camp around the shuttle had gone into high alert. The medical team led by Nurse Gau was lining up tables and electron scanners in a fury of medical feng shui.

I love the description of 'medical feng shui'!!

• Like 1

D'fini: I have an idea, lets send one of those probes up their launch tube. We're getting good data now.

::giggle::

• Haha 2

:: Malko felt the indistinguishable sensation of being dematerialized, it began at his extremities and crushed him like the Red Sea colliding together after being parted. In the split second before he was whisked away from the clearing, he watched Askade's eyebrows arch quickly as she felt the sensation too. Her arms swung upwards, drawing the barrel of the weapon to Malko. In that instant, he wasn't sure if the bright flash consuming him was his saviour or his undoing. ::

Just a great piece of writing. Bravo, Counsellor.

Jager: Child murderers deserve nothing less.

::They arrived at the Klingon version of the turbo lift. The corridors were still clear.::

Fairhug: If we hail the lift, they’ll know about it. Let’s prise the doors open, set some charges and keep moving.

Jager: Copy that. Sir, a hand?

oO Sir? He's old enough to be my dad Oo

::Cain unslung his pack and pulled out more charges like the ones set on the cloaking device. He tossed a couple at the lead Marine.::

Cain: With pleasure

::They both started setting charges. The "Old Man" as Cain was beginning to refer to him gave him a few pointers along the way, further vindicating Cain's earlier thought. They were finished quickly and the group moved on, in the same order they moved into the cloakroom.::

Wonderful bit of interaction between Cain and Jager here :)  Great writing Mr. Cain!

• Like 1

She hated being kept waiting and she was getting tired of calling the hub and talking to that iceball Andorian.  If his emotion ever changed from a nearly insulting level of politeness he would be more fun to talk to, but every time she called to complain he simply stayed as stoic as ever. 

Love this! 😆

• Like 1

He had attacked the doctor on an Embassy mission and then his superior on the Apollo. This mission had probably being the first where he hadn't tried to kill any of his crew mates.::

Classic Cain. 😂

• Like 1