• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

SB118 Ops: Quotations of the Week!

Does this mean we'll be having the crew party in sickbay after this mission?  o:)

• Like 4

Guys, seriously, the scenes this mission have showcased some incredible writing.  You guys rock.  Keep it up!

I just loved this bit - great character study from Zinna:

:: Zinna closed her eyes as she held on to the wall of the corridor. Sweat was rolling down her forehead. After taking on those guards while being on Tilanna and getting severely hurt, Zinna had an all new viewpoint of combat, and she did not like it. Images of domestic abuse came swimming back in her head--constantly being hit and hurt, bruises everywhere.  She shook her head, trying to focus, trying to calm herself down. She wanted to leave, now. She wanted to be out of this place now and back on Starbase 118 Ops. She never wanted to go on another single away mission again for the rest of her life. It seemed like every time she went on one, she always ended up getting in the line of fire, getting hurt, and seeing the images of her domestically abusive husbands come back, she saw the Borg mutilating El-Auria...so much pain, she could feel it in her gut. She wanted to cry. She ran her hands through her brown hair and let out a sigh. ::

Zinna: oO Goddess, help me... Oo

• Like 2
::Whatever storm of panic had been threatening to break in the Ensign’s mind was quite thoroughly disrupted when a squealing pink blur flew from down the hall and smacked Taelon between the eyes. Duchess was not a happy targ - she let out an indignant wheeze and squealed again, scrambling with her hooves as both she and Taelon realized what she’d landed on. 

He grabbed her by the scruff of her neck and held her away from him as she kicked and squeaked in rage, but before he could even think to hand her to Shadonna, blaster fire seared a hole in the wall near his head.::

Bad Duchess!! You attacked the WRONG SIDE!!!

...The Diva apologizes profusely and will be signing her up for Teacup Targy obedience school.

• Like 2

I was totally gonna start quoting that sim, too - and then figured since it was cool enough to quote large chunks that it would be better off if I quoted the whole thing as a top sim :w00t:

• Like 1

Things not to ask your ExO when getting a promotion: "Sir, do you have a concussion?"

::Taelon looked at him dumbly, though his mouth went dry. He searched Whittaker’s eyes - instinctively looking for the joke or signs of a concussion. Neither seemed to be there, and he blinked once in surprise and a second time in a sort of mix of excitement and embarrassment.::

• Like 3

Ouch...  >.<

Kasun: Enough! :: As soon as her captor pulled her stick back, Ishani stomped hard on the woman’s foot. She pulled the arm holding onto her forward and spun towards Khante, smacking the woman in the face with her elbow. Now facing towards Khante, Ishani planted herself and socked her hard in the face before stumbling backwards to put space between herself and her attacker. ::

Yillara's face is not-so-pretty anymore...

• Like 2

Writing that makes the tension so palpable you can nearly reach out and touch it...

::Taelon was far enough away that the word he hissed in Whittaker’s direction went unheard, which was good. I know, he thought. I know, I know I know I know - he slammed open another bay of electronics, and oh Three take it - he yanked the power from that, too, without heed for what it might be. Across the ship, the sanitation system powered down.::

I love reading these posts!

• Like 3

Taybrim: We have the element of surprise, let's use it while we still have it.  Flynn, get us close enough to kiss them.  Steady on the weapons, Mr. Beyett...  If we can't hit the shield generators, target the engines.

I think we may need to specify these  types of directions given to Flynn...

• Like 3

Shadonna: ::resting a hand on the woman's shoulder lightly:: You defeated her..and probably saved all of our lives...

::Shadonna watched helplessly as a vacant Falcon nodded absently, barely registering her presence.::

Falcon: ::Neutral tone.::  Let’s get out of here.

Shadonna: ::squeezing her shoulder gently:: Yes...let's get out of here. ::giving another squeeze:: All of us.

I read this to my wife, who immediately replied with, "Awwww!"

Mirra, Kaitlyn might not be able to fully appreciate it for a while, but Shadonna's definitely got two new fans in us!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Robert Falcon said:

I read this to my wife, who immediately replied with, "Awwww!"

Mirra, Kaitlyn might not be able to fully appreciate it for a while, but Shadonna's definitely got two new fans in us!

Yay!!! Just...don't tell her that or you might end up with a Teacup targ of your own...

• Like 2
On 25/07/2016 at 11:55 PM, Mirra Ezo said:

Seriously, I love this lol. Falcon bringing the battlefield sass. 

It just wouldn't be Starbase 118 Ops without a healthy dose of sass. Doesn't matter where or when- the crew are boldly sassy where no one has gone before.

• Like 2

He swallowed back a bitterness that his father hadn’t bothered to tell him. Maybe it was supposed to be a surprise. Or maybe he hadn’t cared to. Whatever. Fine. That was fine. 

Taelon: #thisisfine

• Like 3

Mirra was sprawled across what appeared to be some sort of glittery bed. A glittery bed for a pet. A targ bed..... and was now coming around from her slumber, no doubt roused by being knocked into by Theo's tactical retreat/stumbling from his room.

What, I don't get a tiara?!?

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Mirra Ezo said:

Mirra was sprawled across what appeared to be some sort of glittery bed. A glittery bed for a pet. A targ bed..... and was now coming around from her slumber, no doubt roused by being knocked into by Theo's tactical retreat/stumbling from his room.

What, I don't get a tiara?!?

I found this one which seems to suit the occasion...

5b803f8890a934af8536346ad7df8caf.jpg

• Like 4

R. Falcon: Kaitlyn’s hurt.  She needs us, time now.  ::Starts crossing toward the turbolift.::  I’m going to Engineering to get us more power.

J. Falcon: You’d better, or you’re getting out and pushing.

::No one on the bridge dared to laugh.::

Thankfully, I am NOT on the bridge, so I totally laughed. 

• Like 3

So he really, really hoped there were no station emergencies, otherwise he would be Sal Taybrim, a sopping wet man in his underwear in the middle of the hub.  He was sure if that ever happened that the Federation News Service would never let him live it down.

The really, really bad person in me wants an emergency to happen...

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Mirra Ezo said:

The really, really bad person in me wants an emergency to happen...

I'm just waiting for someone to pull a red alert on Team Hangover, honestly. Hungover Whittaker trying to XO while still wearing the tiara would be a nice complement to Taybrim in his skivvies. o:)

• Like 2

Yanno, we can totally plan for this in an upcoming mission.  Just sayin' ... :whistling:

• Like 2