• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Which TOS Character, other than Kirk, would make the best Captain?

Tracey

Which TOS Character, other than Kirk, would make the best Captain?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which TOS Character, other than Kirk, would make the best Captain?

• Spock
    • Scotty
    • McCoy
    • Sulu
    • Chekov
    • Uhura
    • Random Redshirt 7
    • Someone Else

I'm back!

I want to thank Fleet Captain Idril Mar for holding down the fort while I was away!

So without further delay, let's get things started.

This week's poll begins another series of polls, this one on the topic of alternate leadership.

In the original series, the powerhouse acting of William Shatner as James T. Kirk, Captain of the Starship Enterprise, was dominating. It affected everything about the series and there are few scenes that Kirk himself doesn't appear in. What, however, would the series have been like without his lead from the front, machoman, jump on the hood and hang on style of leadership? If, say, Spock had been in the chair, would that have made a difference? What about Scotty instead? This is your chance to correct Roddenberry's 'mistake' and image your favorite cast member at the head of the crew.

Here's a list of the cast members to choose from. Pick your favorite and tell us why!

Had to go for the (perhaps obvious) choice of Sulu. I think he's the most well rounded of the crew, the most capable over multiple areas. It's no wonder we see him as a captain in the later movies!

Jimmy Doohan once cared enough to keep tabs on a very skinny- very ill girl that he described as "The Fragile One" holding up her hand....... During a Question and Answer secession. And George. Those two are wonderful people, They are and were.

They actually cared enough to get to know you not just sign a photo take 100 bucks and move you on....

Fixed that for you :)

Although my vote is for Sulu, too. He was always my favourite character from TOS, plus he did get his own ship first.

And what's wrong with the idea of Captain Scotty! Surely an engineer turned captain isn't that much of a crazy concept is it, Mar?

Edited by Hutch

Gotta be Sulu. After all, he did end up with the Excelcieor( sp). I believe according to canon, Sulu was still an active captain during the TNG years. It would have been interesting to see some interplay between Sulu and Picard...

Fixed that for you :)

Although my vote is for Sulu, too. He was always my favourite character from TOS, plus he did get his own ship first.

And what's wrong with the idea of Captain Scotty! Surely an engineer turned captain isn't that much of a crazy concept is it, Mar?

That is madness... madness I tell you!!

Ok, who voted for Scotty?

I was one of the votes for scotty. Simple reason why I didn't pick Sulu is he was going to be a captain one day but wasn't ready yet during TOS. At least that was my thoughts when I voted.

Though whoever voted Uhura now that would have been a great show for the 60's. They could not handle a woman as a second officer, now if they had tuned in and saw a woman of color in command, They would have choked on their butter covered steaks!

I'm a scotty fan. While I can see Spock and Sulu as Captains, scotty would be a good one also even though he wouldn't want the big chair. My choice comes from one of the early books "Kobyashi Maru" which talks about their attempts at the test. Scotty cheats like Kirk, is more destructive than Chekov, and is confident that he would've beaten the test if he had an actual engineering room to go to instead of being stuck on the bridge. lol