• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Recast the Captain, TNG Edition! (12/29)

Idril Mar

Recast the Captain  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who, excluding Riker and Picard, from the TNG cast would make the best Captain?

• Worf
    • LaForge
    • Data
    • B. Crusher
    • Troi
    • Yar
    • Someone Else!

• 1 month later...

Well here we go with another Poll of the Week folks!

Here's hoping you all are having a great holiday season thus far!

As we approach 2392, we return to the old theme of recasting Captains. This week we focus on The Next Generation. We have decided to leave out Commander Riker in this poll for several reasons. That being said, there are a myriad of others in the Next Generation cast to choose from. Would the android Data have made a good Captain? How about the Klingon, Worf, or LaForge? What about Doc Crusher or Counselor Troi? Would Tasha Yar have made a good Captain...or how about even...Wesley? Or someone else entirely?

So let us know here at the Poll of the Week who excluding Riker and Picard, would make the best Captain of Enterprise D!

Dr Crusher gets my vote.

As the CMO she's already used to putting the needs of others first and she has the experience of running a vital department.

I think she has the right temperament, too. I don't think Dr Crusher has ever shied away from making the tough decisions when needed, although her actions are guided by the Hippocratic oath.

Still, I reckon she would have made a very caring, considerate captain.

• Like 1

Dr Crusher gets my vote.

As the CMO she's already used to putting the needs of others first and she has the experience of running a vital department.

I think she has the right temperament, too. I don't think Dr Crusher has ever shied away from making the tough decisions when needed, although her actions are guided by the Hippocratic oath.

Still, I reckon she would have made a very caring, considerate captain.

Same, you couldn't imagine my giddiness as a young red head, interested in medicine, when Dr. Crusher took command of the Enterprise in Descent.

Dr. Crusher got my vote for the same reasons she got Lt. Essen's. She is a good decision maker, an excellent communicator and has a keen sense of responsibility tempered with compassion. Life and death decisions are already part of her experience.

I voted for Data.

My long standing fascination with androids aside (those who know my history in UFOP will get that joke), Data has proven on multiple situations that he's capable of handling difficult decisions in a logical manner. When given command of USS Sutherland in Redemption Part 2, he demonstrated initiative that allowed for the discovery of the cloaked Romulan resupply fleet. While he did not explain his actions to his crew at the time, that is something he could easily learn from and improve upon in the future.

If you take into account the Star Trek: Countdown comic, I think he shows that he's learned how to captain a ship quite effectively. ::Smiles.::

Edited by Robert Falcon