• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

July & August Writing Challenge

Tony, aka VAiru

Welcome to the last Writing Challenge of the summer of 2014! Appropriately, this Challenge is going to be hot!

FASHION

The winner of our May & June Challenge, Brian, aka Lieutenant Ren Rennyn, offers the following prompt:

I'm rewatching TOS, and got to "Is There No Truth In Beauty?", where (spoilers) Dr. Miranda Jones' elaborate dress turns out to be a sensor web that allows her to "see." It got me thinking about how fashion is used in sci-fi, whether as a plot device, or to set the scene, define a culture, or place us in a certain time.

There are plenty of ways an entry for this Challenge could unfold, and in addition to Brian's example of Dr. Jones, I'll offer these inspirations from TNG, courtesy of io9: Seasons 1-3 and seasons 4-7.

As of today, Tuesday, July 1st, this Challenge is open! All entries must be received by Monday, August 25th in order to be considered for this Challenge.
As always, please remember:
*Your work must be completely original.
*You must be the sole author of the work.
*Your story must take place in the Star Trek universe, but may not center upon canon characters.
*Sign your final draft as you would a post on your ship.
*Your story must be between 300 and 3000 words.
For any questions you might have, remember that you can always post questions to this thread or visit the Writing Challenge website.
Good luck!
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

This Challenge has ended! Thanks to everyone who entered. The judges are now convening and will have results for you before September begins!

Sorry for the delays, folks. We had some unavoidable circumstances crop up during judging. However, results are in and will be posted this evening. Thanks for your patience!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.