• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Win, Lose or DRAW!

Tracey

Win, Lose or DRAW!  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Series you'd most like to see in 3D animated form

• The Original Series
    • The Next Generation
    • Deep Space 9
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise
    • A Brand New Series
    • This is a Stupid Idea That Would Never Work Out

Hi everyone and welcome to another spectacular edition of the Poll of the Week!

Let's start this week's poll off with a little history lesson, shall we? We all know the iconic opening lines from the original series as spoken by William Shatner "Space, the Final frontier. These are the Voyages of the Starship Enterprise. It's 5 year mission..."

We'll stop there, as we now have ourselves a little problem. In the original series, it appears the producers had every intention of having the series last at least 5 years. Unfortunately, this didn't quite pan out as they originally hoped, and the plug was pulled on the series after 3 years. However, Star Trek the original series would eventually come back to life and finish off their original 5 year mission with a series of new missions between 1973–1974 after the original series became popular in syndication. But to keep the budget down, it was animated.

After watching some terrific 3D animated movies from both Pixar and Disney, I was thinking that this may be a unique way of bringing Star Trek back to life on the small screen that would not break the budgets of production companies. As CGI and 3D rendering becomes easier to create as the years progress, perhaps this would be an interesting way to revive the small screen adaptation of Star Trek. Or maybe not.

If so, would you like to see one of the previous series come back to life as an animated series? If so, which one and why? Or would you rather see a brand new series of this sort? Or maybe you think this is a crazy idea that would never fly, no pun intended? If so, why?

We here at Poll of the Week are always eager to know what you think! So vote for your favorite option and don't be afraid to let us know the reasons for your choices .

I would have preferred that last choice to be less pejorative such as I don't think 3D adds much and the glasses give me a headache. I don't like calling other people's ideas stupid...so rude.

I would have preferred that last choice to be less pejorative such as I don't think 3D adds much and the glasses give me a headache. I don't like calling other people's ideas stupid...so rude.

I believe they meant a computer generated animated series in the style of the Disney/Pixar films or Star War's Rebels/Clone Wars series. Not a live action film presented in 3D.

I definitely think there would be scope for something completely new. Looking to Star Wars Rebels as a recent example, animated shows are still very popular and not just for kids.

An animated version of Star Trek would have some very definite advantages in that you could depict some of the less-human races.

Something away from Starfleet would be really interesting. Perhaps still in the Federation, but dealing with civilians instead. Then again, who wouldn't want to watch CSI Starbase 118?

• Like 1

I definitely think there would be scope for something completely new. Looking to Star Wars Rebels as a recent example, animated shows are still very popular and not just for kids.

An animated version of Star Trek would have some very definite advantages in that you could depict some of the less-human races.

Something away from Starfleet would be really interesting. Perhaps still in the Federation, but dealing with civilians instead. Then again, who wouldn't want to watch CSI Starbase 118?

I do agree that a show showing some other aspect of life in the Star Trek universe would be fun. Perhaps we could even have a show showing off one of the many other species around?

Oh brain, why do you keep coming back to 'Keeping up with the Cardassians'?

new trek series - where somehow there is a connection to reality ,,, wait they did that with Hercules and well him having to drive a car and all was silly... very very silly... I did not like that but then I was not big on that show as well. IDK

it is possible to make a new show but were running out of trek-scenario's,, maybe?