• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Recast the Captain, VOY Edition!

Tracey

Recast the Captain, VOY Edition!  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which VOY character, aside from Janeway, would make the best Captain?

• Chakotay
    • Tuvok
    • Paris
    • Torres
    • Kim
    • Seven of Nine
    • The Doctor
    • Neelix
    • Kes
    • Some Other

Here we all go everyone! It's your favorite time of the week! It's Poll of the Week time!

Sticking to the same theme of recasting television incarnations of the universe we all SIM in, this week we'll be focusing on the crew of Voyager. Who do you think would make for the best Captain of our favorite Intrepid class starship if Captain Janeway was not her queen? Would it be Commander Chakotay or the resident Vulcan, Tuvok? What about the renegade Tom Paris or his former Maquis eventual wife, Belana Torres? Or how about the clarinet playing Harry Kim or the holographic no name Doctor? What about Seven of Nine taking command or maybe Kes? Or maybe even Neelix battling the Borg to lead the crew back to earth? Or someone else maybe?

So vote and let us know who you would think would make the best Captain of the USS Voyager, other than Kathryn Janeway, because we here at Poll of the Week are itching to know!

This is another one where I think one person would be good, but a different person would be more ~entertaining~

I picked Tuvok for the best. I think he had leadership ability and having Vulcan logic doesn't hurt.

But who would I find entertaining to see as captain? The Doctor! :D

• Like 1

I too picked Tuvok but the dr or Kes would be entertaining Captains not to say even Neelix would do a captains spot in the entertaining way... if he were captain..

My vote goes to Chakotay. We never got to see him develop as a character i the show, which is a shame as I think he had the potential to be the most interesting one.

Tuvok comes a very close second, but I think Chakotay would have been a more considered, careful CO

I went with Chakotay. Mostly because it would have been interesting to see him lead a starfleet crew as a former maquis member. Would he stick to protocall or do things "The Maquis way"?

I ended up with Chakotay, but Tuvok is a close second. Its a toss-up for me. Chakotay left starfleet and joined the Maquis, but during his time in the Delta quadrant he became an exceptional commander. Tuvok has the years of experience needed for command, but I sometimes think his Vulcan logic and lack of compassion may irk a non-vulcan crew.

I was totally tempted to click on the doctor. I mean, come on! EMERGENCY COMMAND HOLOGRAM!!! But I don't think the galaxy is ready for that yet...

Edited by Ayiana
  • Like 1

I picked Chakotay. It was fairly clear, at least in the early seasons, that it's possible -- even likely -- that the Starfleet and Maquis crews may never have integrated without him. I think that took some immense leadership skills. :D