• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

2016 Awards Ceremony – Staff awards

Renos

Wow well done to you all well deserved!!

Congratulations!

Congratulations to everyone!

I'd especially like to say congratulations and thank you to Jamie, aka Sal Taybrim, with whom I've had the pleasure to serve under since graduation. Ops has been great and I can't imagine how she manages to keep everything together! Yet she allows us all to be creative while at the same time providing enough structure to have fun and coherent games. It's been awesome so far, and I look forward to more!

• Like 3

As was said in the intro, I want to reiterate that the fleet's First Officers chose this year's winners from the nominations submitted by you folks!

Congratulations to Emma (Quinn Reynolds) for winning BOTH the Staff Member of the Year award AND the Christopher Pike Pendant, which is the highest honor for commanding officers. Tony (Aron Kells) encapsulated most of my thoughts which is thoughtful, wonderful presentation to Emma in the SMotY award, but I just want to thank her again for everything she's brought to the Executive Council in terms of critical thinking, eloquent analysis, and camaraderie. She made a huge difference this year in a number of important decisions and discussions. 

And what an honor for Jamie (Sal Taybrim) to be awarded last year's Rising Star award, and this year win the James T. Kirk Cross, the highest honor for new captains. She has shown from nearly the very beginning of her tenure with us that she has the skills and intuition that make a great captain, a great leader, and a great community member. I'm so thankful that I get to be a part of the staff alongside people like Jamie, who have such a clear focus and understanding of our basic values here. Congratulations to her for everything she's accomplished – I'm so looking forward to what comes next for her!

I already said my congrats to Ann (RAdml. Turner) in her presentation above, but the Picard Award is basically the highest honor anyone can achieve on the staff. It really denotes that someone has put in the extra effort over the course of many years, and has left a legacy that will be remembered long in the future. And that's no small thing when you're talking about a community with 22 years under its belt! So please join in congratulations to Ann who has spent nearly a decade with a focus on being a great member, and a great commanding officer. So many people have been touched by her kindness and empathy. 

And James! (Renos!) A cornerstone of the fleet, indeed – what better description for someone who has put so much heart and soul into the day-to-day operations of our fleet? He's also been an incredible help in making this very ceremony happening, helping to put together each and every day's worth of the awards as well as facilitating the process of organizing and choosing recipients. Thank you, thank you, thank you, James for everything you bring to the fleet :)

And just because I don't want to miss anyone, thanks again to Nicole (Selene Faranfey) and Jon (John Nugra), which already received my kudos and congratulations above! :wolfy:

You folks, and our other staff members, are really just the best. Let's not forget that many other staff members were recognized just a few months ago at our last December awards ceremony. We have an amazing staff! 

• Like 4

Congratulations to the very deserving winners of the Staff Awards.

I'd like to especially congratulate Nicole (Selene Faranfey) whom I had the pleasure to mentor ever since she joined the community. I'm immensely proud of you, Nicole. You have been a pillar for the community ever since you joined and your hard work cannot be praised enough!  :)

Congratulations to all the receivers. I've had the pleasure to know some of you for quite some time and even simmed with a few. Hoorray!!

Congratulations to everyone, but especially to Captain Reynolds! Cupcake has been incredibly patient and helpful with me as I start my journey to command. She has fielded my questions without hesitation and given me advice. I had an idea for a simple B-plot for a character of mine, but I wanted to get permission to do it first. She not only accepted it, but thought it was a great idea for the whole crew. That B-plot is now currently being simmed!

Of course, I also can't forget Nugra, my first CO! Though the reptilian part of you is now gone, I'm glad to see you are still up and kicking!

Congrats to Toni, who oversaw my training two years ago. I also was fortunate to do a Joint Mission with the Embassy on the Victory, simming with her again!

• Like 2

Wow!  <3

I want to say congratulations to everyone!  And a big thank you to Tony for your kind and awesome words.  You've been one of the best mentors to me in this game and it means a lot to get to presented this award by you!  Thank you so much. 

And of course, a Captain is only as good as her crew, so a big thank you to Ops for being, well, awesome.  And humorous.  I love the humorous Starbase!  And (to risk sounding like an old commerical) I love you guys! :D

Also a big congrats to Fleet Captain Renos, on a very well deserved Sarek Star.  I'm really glad we've gotten to interact and know one another in a new and different light.  I think we've both come along way from a freshly pipped Commander and an ornery Ensign.  ;)  Your crew on the Darwin speak volumes of what a fine Captain you have become, and it's wonderful reading about your crew's stories!  Congratulations!  I look forward to working together in years to come!

And also big congratulations to Fleet Admiral Wolf!  In a lot of games the admin person is just that 'big scary admiral guy' - but on StarBase 118 it's clear how much Fleet Admiral Wolf cares about the game and cultivates it to be successful year after year.  That means a lot both to the staff are supported by these actions, but to all the players.  It's really comforting and wonderful to play in a game that promises to be here year after year - it means we can keep telling wonderful stories and keep dreaming among the stars.

• Like 4

Well done, congratulations and thank you for the work you put in that we don't see but benefit from daily.

'Given to a command officer who shows great diplomatic ability in working with members and staff.'  

I can vouch for that when first aboard the Darwin and on the receiving end of such ability :-)

• Like 1

I want to congratulate all the staff members recognized here, particularly Admiral Wolf, who tirelessly gives so much of himself to keep our community running as smoothly as possible, and helps us (from those entering our Academy to those retiring) the opportunity to excel as writers, leaders, and friends.

My sincere thanks, Admiral, for your kind presentation words. They mean a lot to me, but not as much as you giving us UFOP: Starbase 118 - a place to grow, and follow our dreams.

• Like 3

As a first officer in the fleet, I have the distinct pleasure of working with and learning from all these fine people. In the day-to-day administration of the fleet, it never ceases to amaze me how selfless and hard-working the entire Captain's Council and Executive Council are, and I truly believe that the fun and success of this fleet rests squarely on each of their shoulders. Each of these awards were presented due to thoughtful and heartfelt nominations, and I'm certain that the decisions of who to award were difficult to choose due to an embarrassment of worthy choices. Congratulations to each and every one of you, a deep thank you for all you do for the ships and the fleet as a whole, and an extra special thank you to all for allowing me to learn from you how to be dedicated and effective in my own quest for advancement :) You've set a high bar indeed, and we all benefit from your strive for excellence in all you do.

• Like 3