• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Just For Laughs

Tracey

Just For Laughs  

28 members have voted

1. 1. The Funniest Doctor in Trek

Welcome to the Poll of the Week!

Last week, for the first time in my life, I watched MASH the movie, and lo and behold, I discovered two Star Trek alumni as stars in the movie! Rene Auberjonois who played Father John Mulcahy and best known to us as Odo on DS9 and Sally Kellerman who played 'Hot Lips' Houlihan and known from the Original series episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before" as Dr Elizabeth Dehner. The movie was basically a dark comedy based on the antics of the main character doctors at MASH 4077th, a front line military hospital during the Korean war. The actors in the movie were the who's who of stars in the late 60s and early 70s being Donald Sutherland as Hawkeye Pierce, Elliott Gould as Trapper John McIntyre, Tom Skerritt as Duke Forrest, Robert Duvall as Major Frank Burns and Roger Bowen as Colonel Henry Blake.

After watching it, I almost created a character somewhat like Hawkeye from the MASH movie as an NPC in SIM, but chose not to do that. At least not yet. Who knows what the future holds, however. But that brings us to this week's Poll of the Week. Of the Doctors portrayed in Star Trek, which do you think had the best funny bone? Which Doctor made you take the best medicine of laughter the most? So vote away and please let us know why you chose as you did!

This was a difficult one. It rather depended on one's definition of funny. Phlox was funny at times, but at others he was anything but. Pulaski had her moments, but they were not numerous or memorable enough to warrant the title 'funniest'. Bones had a southern charm which made for some truly hilarious moments. He came in a close second. Bashir was really only funny with other people or when involved in embarrassing or odd situations. Crusher was...kinda dead, really. I can't remember a single particularly funny scene that involved her as a major component. I am forced to agree with Lieutenant Haase- The Doctor takes this round.

I can't remember a single particularly funny scene that involved her as a major component.

Oh, come onnn..

It might not have been *intentional*, but it was bloody hilarious.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...